Sunday 31 March 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter New Shades Part 2 - Review and Swatches

The other day I showed you 3 of the new Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter shades and today I have the other 3 to tell you about. As I said in my other post, I didn't buy Brown Sugar because I'm not a brown lipstick person, so I won't be showing you that one. The ones I have in this review are Pink Lemonade, Sugar Plum and Red Velvet.


I ordered these shades unseen because none of my local Boots seemed to stock them, and I was a bit worried about how Pink Lemonade would look on me as it is a very light pink shade. Turns out it's actually pretty okay, mainly because it's not very opaque, so it mostly just looks like a glossy light pink sheen on my lips. Brown Sugar is a nice, slightly sheer mauve colour and Red Velvet is a burgundy red. It isn't massively opaque, but as it's a darker colour, it is the most pigmented of them all. I don't need these lip butters to be very pigmented as I like to just throw them on when I'm exercising or just at home, instead of wearing lipstick or lipgloss.

As I've said before, I don't find these lip butters very moisturising, but they're comfortable to wear. They need reaaplying after 2 hours or so and don't last through eating at all. They are pretty much scent and taste free which I love.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters cost £7.99 each, but there's often a 3 for 2 deal on them, which is currently on in Boots. 

See more pictures including swatches after the jump! 



Pink Lemonade, Sugar Plum, Red Velvet

Pink Lemonade, Sugar Plum, Red Velvet

Pink Lemonade

Sugar Plum

Red Velvet

Pink Lemonade, Sugar Plum, Red Velvet
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Pink Lemonade, Sugar Plum, Red Velvet
Taken with flash

Pink Lemonade

Pink Lemonade

Sugar Plum

Sugar Plum

Red Velvet

Red Velvet


1 comment:

  1. Ooh these look gorgeous!
    Laura xxx
    @whatlauraloves
    www.whatlauralovesuk.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...