Friday 8 February 2013

Estee Lauder Pure Color Illuminating Powder Gelee Blush in Tease

The new Estee Lauder Pure Color Illuminating Powder Gelee Blush in Tease is so pretty. I love the design and the colour, so of course I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. It has taken me a while to use and review it, but I've finally managed.


Firstly, this is another one of the new gelee powder formula, so it's a powder, but feels and looks like a cream product. It is very metallic and gives a high sheen finish, so it's probably not for those who prefer their face products to be matte. It isn't glittery, but it's definitely rather shimmery.

I had a bit of trouble working out how to apply it best and it seems that the sponge applicator they provide with it is the best way to go about it. It doesn't pick up too much product and you can blend it out easily. When I tried using a regular blush brush, the result looked quite patchy. But with the applicator it looks nice and even yet not too heavy. I also found duo fibre brushes work well, but they give a much more subtle effect. With the sponge you need to be a bit careful not to overdo it, but if you do thin layers rather than try to pile it on, you'll be fine. The blush didn't last very long on me, it's practically disappeared after 5-6 hours of wear.

It's a lovely product, but even on my pale skin it's more of a highlighter than a blush. I haven't tried it on top of a powder blush, but I think it would work really nicely.

The blush costs £30 and you get 6 g which is actually more than previous illuminating powder gelees. It's still not a massive amount, but probably way more than you need. This is a limited edition product, so grab it while you can if you like what you see!

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!





Taken with flash

Taken without flash under indoor light

Unblended swatch
Taken with flash

Unblended swatch
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Unblended swatch
Taken without flash under strong indoor light

Blended swatch
Taken with flash

Blended swatch
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Blended swatch
Taken without flash under strong indoor light

Wearing Tease on the cheeks

4 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous color! it looks amazing on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very nice on you - but somehow I'm not 100% on mine. As you say, even on pale skin it just doesn't really show up as much as I'd thought it would. I'm not good at applying blush though, so maybe it's me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and it really suits you Anita! I managed to resist - mostly because I feel it would look very frosty on my skintone!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing on you ! I have far to many pores for that sadly :( xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...