Saturday 12 January 2013

Mac Haute Altitude Lipstick Review and Swatches

The last product I want to review from Mac Apres Chic collection (until I get my new Stereo Rose anyway) is Haute Altitude lipstick. Although I'm on a lipstick no buy, I decided to get this because it looked really pretty in the swatches I'd seen and also on my hands when I swatched it at the counter. And since I had 6 B2Mac empties, I got it for free, so it doesn't count anyway, does it?


Haute Altitude is an amplified finish, it's creamy and opaque in a couple of swipes. It feels comfortable on the lips and isn't drying at all. On me it doesn't last very long, I only get a couple of hours' wear out of it. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between all the lipstick finishes Mac has, but amplified finishes are pretty creamy and have a good colour payoff. Haute Altitude is described as "midtone blue pink" to me it look like a nude pink colour. I'm not entirely happy with how it looks on me, it's a bit paler than I expected and not sure if it suits me at all. It's quite a bit lighter than Mehr lipstick and has a glossier finish. It is a pretty nude pink lipstick and would be suitable for those who don't like bright lip colours or can't wear them due to their jobs, etc.

The colour of this looks different in practically every picture I took, but I'd say it's most true in the lip swatch picture (it was taken without flash, whereas the full face one was taken with flash). It's definitely pink and noy as coral as it looks in some pictures.

Mac lipsticks cost £14 and you get 3 g for your money. Haute Altitude is limited edition and I'm not sure if it's still available. 

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!



Taken with flash

Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken without flash

Taken with flash

2 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous everyday shade! it looks great on you.. very pretty :D

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this one too, it reminds me of a creamier 'Please Me'. It looks great on you! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...