Friday 18 January 2013

Guerlain Spring 2013: Meteorites Perles du Paradis

For me the most anticipated product in the Guerlain spring collection was the new Meteorites named Perles du Paradis. As you probably know, I collect Meteorites and if you want, you can check out my extensive collection here (although it doesn't include the holiday Meteorites which you can see by clicking here).


Now about these new Meteorites. They come in a gorgeous light pink cardboard container (the old style, pre-2010 before the tins with the lids) which looks very glam and pretty. It's a larger than normal size (comparable to the 2008 Butterfly Pearls container) and contains 53 g of product which is 23 g more than the regular Meteorites. The pearls are bigger too, probably not quite as large as the Butterfly ones, but prety big. The container also comes with a pink furry powder puff with a black bow on top of it.

When I opened the container and removed the puff I was shocked to see how little there was at the bottom of the container. I know that promo images usually show more products and more vivid colours, but I was still very surprised to see that the container is basically half full and the colours are quite a bit duller than the promo images were. There has to be quite a big gap left for the puff, it's more bulky than the usual sponge on top of the pearls, but it does look rather odd that there are only 2 layers of pearls at the bottom of the container.

Product-wise it's also a little disappointing as I was expecting it to have more of a colour payoff, I was hoping it would be useable as a subtle blush (like the Blushy Blush Red Pearls from years ago). It's not, it's pretty much colourless. It is also not at all shimmery on me, which is a bit odd since they named it "Illuminating Sparkling Powder". It's basically another finishing powder which is fine, because that's what Meteorites are supposed to be. So I'm not saying it's bad, I just probably had a bit high expectations. All in all it's a lovely product, very pretty and smells gorgeous. And the container is just so adorable.

The new Guerlain spring collection is now available from Debenhams, House of Fraser and other department stores and online retailers. You get 53 g product for £43 or it's only £38.70 from Escentual. Debenhams are giving away a free Guerlain mascara sample with every order, plus you get 500 extra points if you spend £35.

See lots more pictures after the jump!











Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight


Swatched heavily using the puff
Taken with flash

Swatched heavily using the puff
Taken without flash in natural daylight

5 comments:

  1. I've never figured out the purpose of them, do you know if they'll work on brown skin complexions? Your collection is so beautiful and I would love to see more photos of your other makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on the shades, some work better on darker skintones than others. Teint Dore (Gold) from the permanent line up is the darkest.

      Delete
  2. wow these are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packaging looks amazing, though the quantity seems indeed to be very small! I hope you will love using it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are so much more like the actual product!! I also do still like this, but really don't like the puff at all - will still be using a brush when/if I ever actually use these :) I actually still prefer the Emilio Pucci ones - I'm actually using those every day at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...