Monday 17 December 2012

Sleek Make Up Sparkle 2 Eyeshadow Palette Review and Swatches

I have to say, I wasn't sure if I was going to pick this palette up because I don't ever use the 2010 edition Sparkle Palette. It has quite a fallout and the shades are just too glittery for everyday wear. But I have to say, this new version is actually really quite nice.


As usual, the palette contains 12 eyeshadows, which are mostly glittery, but there are a few metallic shades in there too. Although you can see a lot of glitter in the eyeshadows, it doesn't really translate onto the eyes which makes them much more wearable. I experienced a little fallout with some of the shades during application, but once I'd tidied up, there was no more and the glitter (what tiny little was actually on my eyes) didn't migrate at all.

There are two shades, Gold Ribbon and Tinsel that are also included in the previous Sparkle Palette, although it's only Tinsel that's the same, Gold Ribbon is actually quite a bit darker and less yellow than the 2010 version. All the eyeshadows are really smooth and well pigmented, and I have enjoyed creating many lovely looks with them. They stayed creaseless all day and didn't fade either.

Sleek Make Up palettes now retails for £7.99 (bit of a step up from £5.99 from 2 years ago), which is still pretty reasonable as the quality is actually very decent. You get 13.2 g of product for your money. It's limited edition, so get it while you can. Available from Superdrug and Sleek Make Up's website. They deliver internationally, although I have to admit I don't like it that they don't do any free UK delivery. Yes, I hate paying for delivery!

I will show you the looks I did with this palette tomorrow, but I didn't want to put them at the end of this post, there are a lot of pictures. I have really enjoyed using this palette and would definitely recommend it.

See more pictures after the jump!







Top row: Chocolate Penny, Blue Spruce, Mulled Wine, Truffle, Mistletoe, Illusion
Bottom row: Festive, Gold Ribbon, Glitz & Glamour, Tinsel, Twinkle, Starry Night

Chocolate Penny, Blue Spruce, Mulled Wine, Truffle, Mistletoe, Illusion
Taken with flash

Festive, Gold Ribbon, Glitz & Glamour, Tinsel, Twinkle, Starry Night
Taken with flash

Chocolate Penny, Blue Spruce, Mulled Wine, Truffle, Mistletoe, Illusion
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Festive, Gold Ribbon, Glitz & Glamour, Tinsel, Twinkle, Starry Night
Taken without flash in natural daylight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...