Wednesday 25 April 2012

L'Occitane Pivoine Delicate Lipstick Review and Swatches

As I told you earlier, I've received some products from the new Pivoine Delicate collection by L'Occitane. First up is one of the lipsticks, this is shade 2, Pivoine Delicate.


Don't you just love the packaging? So pretty. Both the outer box and the tube itself have the gorgeous peony flower details, all very pink and girly. The lipstick itself is a pinky beige shade with some very fine shimmer. The colour is hardly noticable when applied, it is very sheer, almost just adds sheen rather than colour. You will see swatches below, those were taken after I swiped 10 times! The listick has a subtle flowery scent (peony) which I don't find too overpowering, but it's definitely there, so if you don't like your lip products scented, then this isn't for you.

Would I buy this lipstick myself? No, I wouldn't. It's just too sheer for my liking and it disappears completely after about an hour. £12.50 is just too much to spend on a lipstick that is hardly noticable and needs reapplying every hour. I would rather buy a Revlon Lip Butter to be honest. Maybe the other shades are more pigmented, I don't know, but this one certainly isn't.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!






Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken with flash in direct sunlight

*This product was provided free of charge for consideration. This doesn't affect my opinion which is honest and all mine.

2 comments:

  1. Love the colour and shimmer but yeah a bit too sheer. Great post! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh pity about the sheerness as it looks like a lovely colour in the tube

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...