Thursday 15 March 2012

FOTD: Mac Vera Crushed Metallic Pigments

Finally I've managed to do a look with my new Vera Crushed Metallic Pigments. I've mixed them up a bit, used two from Butterfly Party stack and two from Strawberry Patch. As expected (based on the swatches I did) Butterfly Party and Desert Cloud were pretty hard work to blend out, especially Desert Cloud. I did use them dry, so maybe trying them wet might work better. Desert Cloud creased on my left eye as well, so yeah, not that great. Also my eyes were watering quite a bit (because of Designer Purple Pearlglide I think), so in the end my eyes didn't look that great.


As you can see the colours didn't turn out great in the picture, Desert Cloud (in the crease) is much more purple in real life. Also, you can see how patchy it is. Oh well, if you don't look too close, it's still a very pretty look.

I also wore Quick Sizzle lipstick from Shop Mac and I was so impressed by it. I had to wipe it off after 2 hours because I had a dentist appointment, but it left a strong pink stain that lingered on until after lunch (another hour and a half later). Not at all drying and so comfortable to wear. I put Like Venus dazzleglass on it, but I also love the matte finish.

To create this look I used the following products:

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Mac Crushed Metallic Pigment in Butterfly Party on middle of lid
Mac Crushed Metallic Pigment in Desert Cloud in crease
Mac Crushed Metallic Pigment in Rose Light in inner corner and above crease to blend out
Mac Crushed Metallic Pigment in Star Crystal on browbone to highlight
Mac Pearlglide in Designer Purple on lashline
Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara
Mac Brow Set in Show Off

Face:
Guerlain Parure Aqua foundation in 02 Beige Clair
Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium
Mac Powder Blush in Overdyed
Mac Perfect Topping Mineralize Skinfinish to highlight

Lips:
Mac Quick Sizzle lipstick
Mac Like Venus Dazzleglass

See more pictures after the jump!






2 comments:

  1. That looks great, a lovely look <3.

    I used the butterfly party stack yesterday and imho the metallic crushed p/g are quite hard to apply, but with a little bit practice it works.
    I think the wet application would be better, will try it today.

    XOXO and have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...