Sunday 15 January 2012

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Eyeshadows in Illusiore and Emerveille and FOTD

While I'm waiting for my eyelid to recover (dry patch is going away nicely), I managed to dig out these old photos I did back in October but never got around to putting up in a review. It's actually quite fitting as well, following yesterday's post on my Chanel eyeshadow stash. These cream/gel shadows came out last autumn and I have reviewed 2 other shades, so for more info please check out this post.


The shades I have here are Illusiore, a purple-grey/taupe, and Emerveille, a light peach colour. Both are really pretty with fine shimmer, well pigmented, smooth and long lasting. Emerveille is the perfect 5 minute make up solution, paired up with a brown or black eyeliner and lots of black mascara. I included some pictures of me wearing Emerveille, so be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post. I used them with and without primer and they held on perfectly, didn't even crease when worn without primer, so they would also make a good base themselves. They cost £22.50 each and you get 4 g, so they're not cheap, but you really only need a little bit in one go. 

I would happily recommend these to everyone, and I hope the rumours of Chanel bringing out more colours are true as these are really fantastic.

See more pictures including swatches and a look I did with Emerveille after the jump!




Illusiore

Emerveille

The brush

Illusiore, Emerveille (taken with flash)

Illusiore, Emerveille (taken without flash in direct sunlight)

One for the sparkles :)

Wearing Emerveille all over the lips

Wearing Emerveille all over the lips

Wearing Emerveille all over the lips

6 comments:

  1. Emerveille looks beautiful on you! I am waiting for my Naked 2 Beauty Club points to come through then I'll be purchasing one of these shadows, the only problem is I can only afford one really at the moment and I cannot choose, they're all stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! :) I nearly didn't get Emerveille because it's not a strong colour, but it is beautiful regardless.

      Delete
  2. Both look amazing on you :) Could you tell me what mascara are you wearing? Cause your lashes are so nice separated and curled, i really like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm wearing the No 7 Exceptional Definition Mascara (I've reviewed it before on here). My lashes are naturally quite curled anyway, but this does give a very good definition and length. :)

      Delete
    2. I really like it, need to buy it next time I visit Boots :)

      Delete
  3. Perfect timing! I was going to ask you about the other colours. I think I have to get Illusiore now... xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...