Monday 7 November 2011

Garnier Miracle Skin Protector Daily All-In-One B.B. Cream Review

I hadn't even heard about BB creams until just a few months ago (I know, call myself a beauty addict?), but once I read up on them and realised that there were a few coming out in the UK, I thought it was time for me to try them out as well. So I bought Garnier's Miracle Skin Protector Daily All-In-One B.B. Cream (from now on just BB cream). As my skintone is light to medium, I picked up the colour light which actually suits my skintone pretty well.



My problem with this product, that once the word "miracle" is in the title, it's hard not to expect just that. Having heard that BB creams are these fantastic all-in-one cream/foundation/primer/magic potions, I had huge expectations for this one. Did it live up to them? Sadly, no.

I mean, it's not a bad product, it's a decent tinted moisturiser, but I'm afraid it did not live up to all the claims. It's supposed to immediately perfect my skin, giving an even skintone and healthy glow, blur imperfections, hide redness, smooth the appearance of fine lines, hydrate for 24 hours and protect the skin with SPF15. It is hydrating and it does give a glow (ie leaves my face shiny), but it did not cover up any imperfections on my face whatsoever and my skintone was not evened out in the slightest either. Once I set it with Mac MSF Natural, it looked fine, but to be honest, my skin would look the same with normal moisturiser and Mac MSF Natural. The coverage is so light, I really can't say it's an all-in-one product, because I still need a concealer and foundation to cover the redness and imperfections. I also has some breakouts while using the product, but I can't say for sure whether it was related or not.

It's not too expensive at £9.99, but equally not that cheap for something that doesn't actually live up to its claims. You get 50 ml, and little goes a long way, so it will last you for a good while, but I just can't see myself reaching for this regularly I'm afraid.

See more pictures after the jump!







Unblended

Blended out slightly

Blended out completely

In direct sunlight - can you see the shine?

3 comments:

  1. This shine on the last shot is *insane* !!! No way would I put this on my oily skin!!! I'm so glad you posted this review - I was actually planning on getting this BB ... Needless to say I've just saved some $$$ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Claire, apparently there's a 17 version coming out, maybe that will be better? x

    @Urban Warrior, I'm glad I've saved you some money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that someone just slapped BB Cream on the packaging to boost sales. I looked at this in store and the coverage is so sheer. Texture feels completely different to my Skin 79 BB Cream too. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...