Tuesday 13 September 2011

My Mac Me Over Collection Haul, Review and Swatches

Mac released a huge collection with 51 (!) pieces earlier this month called Mac Me Over and today I want to show you which products I ended up buying from the collection. To be honest, I wasn't that excited about the whole collection as it looked a bit too boring in all fairness, but there were some pieces that interested me, including some new (and permanent) lipsticks and some eyeshadows. I also picked up a fluidline gel eyeliner.


So what did I buy? I got Avenue fluidline, a dark brown colour with gold flecks, 2 eyeshadows: Satin Taupe (silvery taupe colour) and Mythical (pinky copper), and 3 lipsticks: Rebel ("vivid pinkish purple"), Oh, Oh, Oh ("plum bronze with pearl")  and Runaway Red ("rich red-blue"). The fluidline cost £13.50, the eyeshadows were £11.50 (except for Satin Taupe which is permanent, so I bought it as a pro palette refill pan and that way it was only £9.50) and the lipsticks were £13.50 (except for Runaway Red that I got free with my 6 Back 2 Mac empties). Oh and I also got a 116 blush brush (not pictured).

I have to confess that I haven't worn everything yet, but I am very happy with everything based how they swatch. I wore Avenue fluidline the other day and it is so soft and creamy, easy to apply, but it stays put for hours on end and the colour is just lovely. The gold flecks are not quite as visible as in the swatch, but it's still gorgeous. I also wore Runaway Red lipstick and it lasted on me for a good 3 hours or so and it is a beautiful red shade. It's a strange one actually as it looks really dark in the tube, swatches quite light and pinkish, but is actually red when worn. Sadly I didn't get around to taking photos of Runaway Red on my lips, but I have some photos of Avenue fluidline in action at the bottom of the page.

Be sure to continue reading and see lots more pictures after the jump !

So all in all I am very happy with everything I got and for a change it's not a huge haul (by my standards anyway). Did you buy anything from this collection? Finally let's see the pictures!

Clockwise from top: Mythical, Satin Taupe, Avenue

Left to right: Rebel, Oh, Oh, Oh, Runaway Red

Avenue, Satin Taupe, Mythical (with flash)

Rebel, Oh, Oh, Oh, Runaway Red (with flash)

Avenue, Satin Taupe, Mythical (without flash in natural daylight)

Rebel, Oh, Oh, Oh, Runaway Red (without flash in natural daylight)

Avenue on top lashline (Topshop Crayon in Equinox on lid - review coming shortly)

Avenue on top lashline (Topshop Crayon in Equinox on lid - review coming shortly)

2 comments:

  1. Luckily for you, my dear, Rebel is permanent! :) There are new colourful paint pots coming out next month and also Lightscapade MSF is being repromoted, maybe that'll get you excited? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...