Monday 13 June 2011

Yves Saint Laurent Pure Chromatics Eyeshadow Palette Review

Ever since Yves Saint Laurent released their new Pure Chromatics eyeshadow palettes I'd been wanting to try them out, but in all fairness, I couldn't justify paying £37 for one. But luckily I found this one on eBay for £25, so I thought I'd give it a go. Out of the 6 palettes available no. 6 (this one) seemed the most interesting to me. Some of the other palettes seem more complete with a highlighter shade included, but this one has 4 shades that don't all go together that easily.


The four shades are olive green, warm golden yellow, light pink and dark purple. These eyeshadows seem very similar to Bobbi Brown Sparkle eyeshadows and Laura Mercier Sequin eyeshadows, they look like cream shadows, but they are actually powder. You can apply these both dry and wet, apparently you get more intensity wet (I have not tried them wet yet). There are two double ended applicators included in the compact, one for applying with dry, one for wet (which are more plastic than foam looking). I usually just use brushes for application, but you always have the option.

Below you will see some swatches (dry) and a look I created using the olive, yellow and pink eyeshadows. I couldn't really fit the purple shade in there. Next time I'll try pink, purple and yellow I think. The eyeshadows didn't crease all day, the colours did fade and migrated a bit by about 12 hours' wear, but other than that, I was very happy with how they performed. I'm still not sure these palettes are worth £37, but for one third less I'm happy I've got this one. Have you got any of these? Are you tempted to get one?

See more pictures, swatches and the look I created with this palette after the jump!








Without flash under bright indoors light

With flash

Without flash in bright sunlight




2 comments:

  1. What lovely colors! So much shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful look!

    -Dinah
    dgsbeauty.com

    *Check out my giveaway:
    http://www.dgsbeauty.com/2011/06/dgsbeautys-100-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...