Thursday 21 October 2010

Guerlain Rouge G Le Brillant B64 Bee

As part of their holiday collection Guerlain have released a new limited (?) edition shade to their line of Rouge G de Guerlain Le Brillant lipsticks. The new shade is called Bee (#B64) and it's an intense violet shade with subtle sparkles. The Le Brillant range of Rouge G lipsticks tend to be much sheerer than the original Rouge G formula, but in this instance, Bee is certainly not what I would call sheer. It is a beautiful dark (but not too dark) violet shade, with subtle multicolour shimmer. The formula is lovely as usual, very smooth, buttery, but not slippery, fairly long lasting and moisturizing. 


As with all Rouge G de Guerlain lipsticks, you get the beautiful luxurious case that once the lipstick is pulled out, opens to reveal a mirror. (In this case you also get a bee printed on the mirror which follows the design of the rest of the collection.) This is an absolute masterpiece and the lipsticks are priced accordingly, currently retailing for £27! I have been able to purchase a lot of the permanent shades on eBay as testers for as low as £6 (do you remember this post?), but if you want the case as well, you really have to fork out.

Interesting fact, all Rouge G de Guerlain lipstick names begin with a G, and all Le Brillant shades are named after female names beginning with B. I think this is really quirky and I always wonder just how many names they can come up with (they have 60 or so G names already).

Overall, if you like Guerlain's Rouge G lipsticks and like darker, vampy shades, I recommend you check out Bee.

See more product pictures and swatches after the jump!





The luxurious case

Can you see the little bee?

With flash

In natural sunlight

In natural sunlight

With flash

7 comments:

  1. I've been lusting for a Rouge G for a long, long time. I think it's time to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swatched this today and it's gorgeous. Thanks for your post, I'm even more tempted now........must stick to the spending ban! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ModestyBrown Where did you see it? I got this from eBay, but really want the rest of the collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a display with the Holiday collection on the Guerlain counter in Milton Keynes. I was actually quite surprised to see it! I swatched both of the G lipsticks and admired the eyeshadow palette. Fortunately for the spending ban the gold in the quad really puts me off! For me, this lipstick is the most tempting.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane! I've just seen the collection in London and got a few pieces, I'm so excited. :) Got the new Meteorites, the eyeshadow quad, one of the lipsticks and the shimmer powder spray! Will review them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, sounds like a lovely haul. I'll look forward to hearing what you think.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...