Monday 9 August 2010

Mac haul part 2 and Dazzle lipstick review

I went to check out the rest of the dazzle lipsticks at Mac on Saturday as I only ordered 5 of them initially based on the swatches I'd seen online, but had another 5 maybes on my list. I ended up buying 6 more and in fact I didn't buy 2 in the end, and now I'm thinking about going back to get those as well, although those were my least favourite ones, but I might as well get them for the collection. I also forgot to B2M for them and I still have 2 lipsticks worth of empties, so might as well use them, eh? EDIT: I went back today and got the remaining two lipsticks and also managed to remember to use my B2M empties so they were free! I initially bought the 5 dazzle lipsticks (my original post on my Dare to Wear, Alice + Olivia and Digi Pops haul can be found here) I knew would love most based on the swatches and reviews I saw online. I was not disappointed at all. I got Baby's On Fire, Naughty You, Troublemaker, Hot Sass and Infused with Glam. They are all bright coloured with a fair amound of shimmer. Baby's On Fire has the least amount of shimmer, it's actually very subtle, so if you'd like to try one of these but don't want a lot of shimmer, Baby's On Fire is the one to go for. I have to add though that even the more shimmery ones don't feel at all gritty on the lips and I find them all really nice and quite long lasting too. Second time around I bought Glaringly Hip, Liquid Lurex, Win Win, Sweet Bits (honestly, who comes up with these names???), Hellraiser and Snazzy. Glaringly Hip wasn't even on my maybe list (how did I miss it?) but it's ever so pretty, it's a shimmery peachy coral - what could be more perfect? Liquid Lurex has no colour itself, but it has a lot of multicolour shimmer, not too sure what to do with it yet, but it's very pretty. Win Win is a lovely baby pink, Sweet Bits is light purple, Hellraiser is purple with mainly blue glitter, and Snazzy is a beautiful dark raspberry pink.
Glaringly Hip, Liquid Lurex, Win Win, Sweet Bits, Hellraiser, Snazzy
See more pictures and swatches after the jump!
Glaringly Hip, Liquid Lurex, Win Win, Sweet Bits, Hellraiser, Snazzy (with flash)
Glaringly Hip, Liquid Lurex, Win Win, Sweet Bits, Hellraiser, Snazzy (natural light)
Baby's On Fire, Naughty You, Troublemaker, Hot Sass, Infused with Glam
Naughty You, Baby's On Fire, Troublemaker, Hot Sass, Infused with Glam (with flash)
Naughty You, Baby's On Fire, Troublemaker, Hot Sass, Infused with Glam (natural light)
And finally here's a photo of me wearing Baby's On Fire. Please excuse the hair, I was cleaning when my box arrived, but was too excited to try one of them on. Did you get any of these lipsticks? Are you planning on doing so? Liquid Lurex is unfortunately now sold out on the UK website, but maybe the counters still have some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...