Tuesday 20 July 2010

Boots No 7 Liplicious Moisturising Balm

Today I bring you another lipgloss review. I don't know why, but it seems I can't stop buying lipsticks and lipglosses lately! Just wait until Mac releases its new Dazzle lipsticks, Dazzleglasses and Dare to Wear lipglosses though! Anyway today I'm reviewing the new Liplicious lipglosses by No 7, Boots' own make up line. I wandered into my local Boots to find that there are new shades available and according to Boots' website these glosses have also been improved and enriched with rosehip oil, argran oils and SPF15 to help moisturise and care for your lips. (Boots' words, not mine.) Apart from some already existing shades (like Angel Cake and Marshmallow that are both incredibly sheer, albeit very pretty (mostly in the tube)) I found 3 new and surprisingly bright shades: Purple Liquorice, Sherbert Twist and Sweet Peaches. I didn't buy Purple Liquoirice because it was too dark and while pretty in the tube, it was just a dull greyish purple on my hand when I tested it. I did pick up the other two and also as there is currently a 3 for 2 offer on all No 7 make up, one of the older style Liplicious glosses in Tangerine Twist.
Top to bottom: Sherbert Twist, Sweet Peaches, Tangerine Twist
I'm not too sure what's happening with some of the old shades as the Boots website only gives details of 6 new shades, so maybe they will be discontinued. Therefore I will need to go back and pick up another gorgeous shade called Jellybean which I've been oohing and aahing about. Anyway, these glosses are more like balms, they feel really creamy and moisturising, not sticky at all, and in the case of these new colours, are fairly pigmented too. Not as pigmented as they look in the tube (are they ever?), but still not bad. They are quite shimmery, especially Sweet Peaches that has lots of multicolour shimmer, but it is very subtle on the lips and by no means glittery. They are quite expensive at £9.50 each, but you do get 12 ml and with the 3 for 2 offer they end up quite reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend checking them out if you like yourself some lipglosses. See some swatches after the jump!
Sherbert Twist, Sweet Peaches, Tangerine Twist
Sherbert Twist, Sweet Peaches, Tangerine Twist
Click on the pictures to enlarge them to see the gorgeous multicolour shimmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...